Saturday, April 27, 2013

Three Ways to Fit in a Walk When It Seems Impossible


If you have young children, or if you live in a climate that doesn't allow for walking outdoors everyday, figuring out a way to get in a daily walk can be tough.  Here are some ideas for getting in a daily walk:

  1. Walk at the mall.  You'll be surprised at how many other people do this too.
  2. Walk with the Wii Fit.  If you have a Wii, or any other type of video game that has a running or walking game, this is a great solution.  My toddlers love doing "Mommy's Running," and I'm able to get in a good walk.  To track this on GymPact, you can select the "Workout Anywhere" option to get credit for the activity.
  3. Walk in place in front of the TV.  Yes, this gets old really fast, but if you're desperate, it works.  I even dragged out my old step aerobics step and walked on it while I watched some of my favorite reality shows.  That made the time go by faster, made the workout more intense, and helped keep me from getting too sore.
Image from diehardgamefan.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment