Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Using Up the Points



Though I have felt like I might die for lack of chips, cheese, and french fries, I have somehow managed to use up half of my 49 points for this week.  Yikes!

The culprits?  Hummus (used to flavor up all of those baby carrots), a Weight Watchers ice cream bar (which disappointingly has HFCS in it - won't be repurchasing it, although it was divine), honey, and a Grilled Chicken Sandwich without mayo from McDonald's.   Ummm...this is all supposed to be healthy stuff, right?

I'm also learning that I am a complete emotional eater.  For real.  I knew I was an emotional eater before this diet, but now I think I could be a poster child for emotional eating.  I've really felt the pain when stressful stuff has happened, and I haven't been able to drown my emotions in food.  It's frustrating, because a lot of the suggestions for getting past those dangerous, stressful moments aren't things I'm able to do because I'm caring for little ones.

So, my mission for this week is to come up with better coping strategies.  Any ideas?  Please don't tell me to call a friend or go for a walk, because that's not always possible.  Oh, yeah, and I can't close my eyes and take a deep breath either.  These little ones are on their own mission to thwart all of the baby-proofing devices in our home.

Image from janekdickinson.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment